Management Committee Face to Face Meeting Held and New Chairs of MC and TC Elected
Las Vegas, April 16, 2015 – FOBTV Management Committee held its face to face meeting on April 16th in Las Vegas Convention Center. The meeting was chaired Bob Plummer from World Broadcasting Unions (WBU), chair of the MC and participated by FOBTV MC Members.
According to the FOBTV’s MOU’s specification, Wenjun Zhang from National Engineering Research Center of Digital Television (NERC-DTV) and Lynn Claudy from National Association of Broadcasting (NAB) were elected as the Chair and Vice Chair of this year’s Management Committee. The Management Committee made appreciation to Bob Plummer former MC Chair from D World Broadcasting Unions (WBU) for his great contribution in the last term.
Founding FOBTV members comprise the Management Committee are:
- Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC)
- Canadian Broadcast Corporation (CBC)
- Communications Research Centre Canada (CRC)
- Digital Video Broadcasting Project (DVB)
- European Broadcasting Union (EBU)
- Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI)
- Globo TV-Brazil (TV Globo)
- IEEE Broadcast Technology Society (IEEE-BTS)
- National Association of Broadcasters (NAB)
- National Engineering Research Center of Digital TV of China (NERC-DTV)
- NHK Science and Technology Research Laboratories (NHK)
- Public Broadcasting Service (PBS)
- Brazilian Society of Television Engineers (SET)
FOBTV is a voluntary, non-profit association that is open to any organization that signs the MOU, which underscores the goals of the FOBTV Initiative. They include developing future ecosystem models for terrestrial broadcasting taking into account business, regulatory and technical environments; developing requirements for next generation terrestrial broadcast systems; fostering collaboration of digital TV development laboratories; recommending major technologies to be used as the basis for new standards; and requesting standardization of selected technologies (layers) by appropriate standards development organizations.