Management Committee Face to Face Meeting Held and New Chairs of MC and TC Elected
Las Vegas, April 9, 2014 – FOBTV Management Committee held its face to face meeting on April 9th in Las Vegas Convention Center. The meeting was chaired Phil Laven, chair of the MC and participated by FOBTV MC Members.
According to the FOBTV’s MOU’s specification, Bob Plummer from World Broadcasting Unions (WBU) and Wenjun Zhang from National Engineering Research Center of Digital Television (NERC-DTV) were elected as the Chair and Vice Chair of this year’s Management Committee. The Management Committee made appreciation to Phil Laven former MC Chair from Digital Video Broadcasting Project (DVB) for his great contribution in the last term.
Meanwhile, Yiyan Wu from Communications Research Centre Canada (CRC) was elected as the Chair of this year’s Technical Committee. Namho Hur from Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute, Korea (ETRI), Tetsuomi Ikeda from NHK Science and Technology Research Laboratories, Japan (NHK) and Yunfeng Guan from National Engineering Research Center of Digital Television, China (NERC-DTV) were elected as Vice Chairs of the Technical Committee. The Management Committee made appreciation to Wenjun Zhang former TC Chair from National Engineering Research Center of Digital Television, China (NERC-DTV) for his great contribution in the last term.
Founding FOBTV members comprise the Management Committee are:
- Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC)
- Canadian Broadcast Corporation (CBC)
- Communications Research Centre Canada (CRC)
- Digital Video Broadcasting Project (DVB)
- European Broadcasting Union (EBU)
- Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI)
- Globo TV-Brazil (TV Globo)
- IEEE Broadcast Technology Society (IEEE-BTS)
- National Association of Broadcasters (NAB)
- National Engineering Research Center of Digital TV of China (NERC-DTV)
- NHK Science and Technology Research Laboratories (NHK)
- Public Broadcasting Service (PBS)
- Brazilian Society of Television Engineers (SET)
FOBTV is a voluntary, non-profit association that is open to any organization that signs the MOU, which underscores the goals of the FOBTV Initiative. They include developing future ecosystem models for terrestrial broadcasting taking into account business, regulatory and technical environments; developing requirements for next generation terrestrial broadcast systems; fostering collaboration of digital TV development laboratories; recommending major technologies to be used as the basis for new standards; and requesting standardization of selected technologies (layers) by appropriate standards development organizations.